Trapcode Suite is the industry-standard tool for motion graphics in After Effects. One of the tools in its roster, Trapcode Mir creates 3D surfaces for use in motion graphics and visual effects. It is a GPU-accelerated effect, allowing After Effects users to shape, animate and light 3D surfaces in real-time.
Trapcode Founder Peder Norrby has already implemented some new features in the Mir 2 beta, including:
- Optimized Rendering ? up to three-times faster
- Z Range controls (found in Fractal group); for example, to create plateau in landscape or to move fractal to "up" only so that amp map only goes "up"
- Second Pass Wireframe ? it is drawn with proper obscuration and fog
- Quads, which is found under Geometry>Tessellation, and uses quads instead of triangles
- Memory Management ? new pop-up where VRAM can be manually set or memory check turned off completely. It?s useful with high-end cards with >2GB VRAM since Mir's auto-detection only works with <2GB.
While he may not be able to implement all of the requests coming in, some of the items on Peder?s Mir 2 to-do list potentially include:
- Reflection maps
- Specular maps
- Depth-of-field camera effects
- Motion blur
- Loop options for fractal to create seamless animated loops
- And much more
Join the beta to help determine which features will be implemented!
You can see the full list and download the beta on the Trapcode site:http://www.trapcode.com/mir-beta-download/.
Trapcode Mir is available on its own or as part of the Trapcode Suite. Learn more at:http://www.redgiant.com/products/all/trapcode-suite/.
About Red Giant
Red Giant is a software company made up of talented artists and technologists who collaborate to create unique tools for filmmakers, editors, VFX artists and motion designers. Our company culture is focused on finding balance between work and life - we call it ?the double bottom line? - this philosophy helps us ignore complexity in favor of building simple tools that yield giant results. Over the last decade, our products (such as Magic Bullet and Trapcode) have become the standard in film and broadcast post-production - with over 200,000 users, it?s nearly impossible to watch 20 minutes of TV without seeing our software in use. From our experiences as artists and filmmakers, we aspire to not only provide tools for artists, but inspiration as well. Watch our films, learn from over 200 free tutorials, or try our software at www.redgiant.com.