|Page (1) of 1 - 04/04/14||email article||print page|
Starkey Hearing Technologies Introduces Halo, A Revolutionary New Hearing Aid
Made for iPhone Hearing Aid Brings Personalized Hearing to Millions
MISSISSAUGA, ON, April 4, 2014 /CNW/ - Starkey Hearing Technologies, one of the world's leading hearing technology companies, is excited to introduce Halo™, a Made for iPhone® hearing aid engineered to be compatible with iPhone, iPad® and iPod® touch. The Halo hearing aid gives the nearly 30 million North Americans with untreated hearing loss a new, discreet option that seamlessly connects with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
Available in Canada on May 1st, Halo, which is sold under the Starkey brand name, combines Starkey Hearing Technologies' superior hearing with iOS to deliver a revolutionary new hearing solution that makes every aspect of life better - from conversations to phone calls to listening to music. Halo will connect with the TruLink™ Hearing Control app, which is available as a free download in the App StoreSM.
"Halo brings what people love about Starkey hearing aids to anyone who suffers from hearing loss," said Dave Fabry, Vice President of Audiology and Professional Services for Starkey Hearing Technologies. "Halo delivers new standards of performance and personalization, while providing convenient control and connectivity to iOS devices."
Building on iOS features that let you do everyday things like making phone and FaceTime® calls, listening to music and using Siri®, Halo takes advantage of TruLink Technology and compatible iOS devices to meet the needs of today's demanding and tech-savvy consumers. In addition to seamless integration with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch, Halo hearing aids are also standalone hearing aids packed with Starkey Hearing Technologies' best-in-class performance features including feedback cancellation, adaptive noise management and directionality.
Visit TruLinkHearing.com for more information about the Halo hearing aid and TruLink technology platform.
About Starkey® Hearing Technologies
Starkey Hearing Technologies is a privately held, global hearing technology company headquartered in Eden Prairie, Minn. The company is recognized for its innovative design, development and distribution of comprehensive digital hearing systems. Founded in 1967, Starkey Hearing Technologies currently employs more than 3,600 people, operates 21 facilities and conducts business in more than 100 markets worldwide. The company develops, manufactures and distributes hearing aids via four distinct brands - Audibel, NuEar, MicroTech and its original brand, Starkey. For more information, visit StarkeyHearingTechnologies.com.
Halo + TruLink
- Halo™, sold under the Starkey brand, is Starkey Hearing Technologies' first Made for iPhone® hearing aid. iPhone goes everywhere with people; now with Halo and the TruLink™ Hearing Control app, they can have a better listening experience anywhere with no additional hardware.
- Halo and TruLink features:
- Delivers Starkey Superior Sound and pristine audio streaming of any music or media played through iPhone, iPad and iPod touch
- Allows patients to personalize and geotag memories to match what they do and where they go
- Changes memories automatically based on personalized geotags (e.g. Starbucks memory kicks in when they walk into a Starbucks)
- Can be set to automatically adapt when the patient is traveling in a car
- Enables them to control their hearing aid volume and memories via iPhone with TruLink SoundSpace
- Has a Find My Hearing Aid feature that can help find a hearing aid that has been lost
- Halo is also a great hearing aid, packed with best-in-class performance features complete with feedback cancellation, adaptive noise management and directionality.
- Halo and TruLink can be used with iPhone, iPad or iPod touch.
- The TruLink app is available as a free download in the App StoreSM.
- Halo will be available in Canada on May 1, 2014.
- Visit TruLinkHearing.com for more information about Halo and TruLink.
SOURCE Starkey Canada
Image with caption: "Starkey Canada (CNW Group/Starkey Canada)". Image available at: http://photos.newswire.ca/images/download/20140404_C8636_PHOTO_EN_38831.jpg
Copyright 2014 PR Newswire. All Rights Reserved
Related Keywords:Post/Production, Management, Computers/Peripherals, Business, Notebook/Laptop/Tablets, iOS, Standards/Initiatives, Internet Media, audio streaming, Mac, OS9, OSX, Canada, Apple Computer, Music, Business,