|Page (1) of 1 - 03/04/14||email article||print page|
ScreenUsed Live On-Line Movie and Television Memorabilia Auction Slated for March 15, 2014
SAN JOSE, Calif., March 4, 2014 /PRNewswire-iReach/ -- ScreenUsed, co-owned by Desi DosSantos and Jeff Castillo, have announced today their company will hold it's sixth on-line auction through iCollector.com on March 15th, 2014 at 10am PDT.
As usual, we have quite a variety of productions for this auction, with over 325 items.
Starting at the top, we have an impressive Captain James T. Kirk Starfleet Uniform worn by William Shatner in Star Trek: The Motion Picture. Not only is it complete and in great screen worn condition, but this particular costume has the rare advantage of "screen matching". The Starfleet patch that is affixed to the chest has small imperfections all around it, and those imperfections match the scenes on the Blu-ray DVD exactly.
Second up is a phenomenal piece of music history - the studio guitar that was used for two iconic scenes in the first Back to the Future movie. Everyone knows the opening scene of Back to the Future when Marty tries Doc's amplifier and guitar, only to be literally blown away by the speaker. As well, the memorable scene when Marty is playing Johnny B. Goode at the Enchantment Under the Sea dance. Well, we have the exact guitar used for recording these two scenes. It comes directly from Tim May, an accomplished studio musician, who provided the studio recordings for those scenes. The impressive list of historical recordings Tim has used this guitar on goes forever, but a few are Whitney Houston's "Saving All My Love", Lionel Richie's "All Night Long", and Blondie's "Call Me". It's pretty rare that we have a crossover piece between movies and music, but this is "pretty heavy".
Desi DosSantos has stated "We are filling a demand in the market for a mid-tier auction offering - not the million dollars per item level, nor the warehouse blowout level. We feel this auction has many cool items for collectors to add to their collections."
There are no reserves on the auction lots; the starting price is where the auction starts. Here are some highlights from the auction:
- Back To The Future - Studio Guitar Used for Johnny B. Goode
- Back To The Future 2 - Biff's Jacket (Thomas F. Wilson)
- Battlestar Galactica (2004) (TV) - Starbuck's Battle Dress Uniform (Katee Sackhoff)
- Blade Runner - Hades Landscape Miniatures
- Breaking Bad (TV) - Walter White's Hazmat Suit with Gas Mask (Bryan Cranston)
- Charlie and the Chocolate Factory - Willy Wonka's Cane (Johnny Depp)
- Corpse Bride - Skeleton Puppet
- Dredd - Ma Ma's Smashed "Guthrie" Judge Trophy Helmet
- Hunger Games: Catching Fire, The - Katniss' Hunting Boots (Jennifer Lawrence)
- Jack Reacher - Jack Reacher's Jacket (Tom Cruise)
- Last Samurai, The - Katsumoto's Sword (Ken Watanabe)
- Mars Attacks! - Stop Motion Alien Puppet
- Predators - Royce's Hero Machete (Adrien Brody)
- Sleepy Hollow - Headless Horseman's Sword
- Star Trek: The Motion Picture - Captain James T. Kirk's Starfleet Uniform (William Shatner)
- Superman: Flyby - Superman Body Armor
- Terminator, The - Future War Soldier's Jacket
- Ultraviolet - Violet's Outfit (Milla Jovovich)
- X2: X-Men United - Wolverine's Adamantium Claws (Hugh Jackman)
There are over 325 items in the auction. The auction catalog and details can be found on the AUCTION tab of the ScreenUsed.com website.
ScreenUsed was founded in 2003 by Desi DosSantos, a computer center automation specialist, and Jeff Castillo, a quality, custom home craftsman & fabricator. What began as a hobby for the pair, blossomed into a company now world renown as an industry leader in the field of original Film & Television production memorabilia sales (props, costumes, miniatures, special make-up effects artifacts, production artwork, rare documents, etc.). With a combined 36 years in the business of brokering historic Hollywood artifacts, ScreenUsed offers a wide range of special services to its clients, including research, preservation, exhibition, and to corporate clients specialized marketing, promotion & auction services. ScreenUsed maintains an in-house, museum-quality, plexiglass display case manufacturing facility that is well known for its high level of craftsmanship and display methodology. The company's established international network of collectors and entertainment industry sources is highly regarded by the field, museums and the media.
Media Contact: Desi DosSantos, ScreenUsed, 408-268-1735, firstname.lastname@example.org
News distributed by PR Newswire iReach: https://ireach.prnewswire.com
Copyright 2014 PR Newswire. All Rights Reserved
Related Keywords:Post/Production, Display, Camera/Film, Business, Blu-ray/HD DVD, Marketing, Film, Television, Music, Business, Entertainment,