|Page (1) of 1 - 03/25/14||email article||print page|
Quantum Unveils New StorNext Pro Solutions Delivering Optimized Storage for Modern Digital WorkflowsNew Lower-Priced Offerings for Broadcast and Post Facilities Support 4K Resolutions, Multiple Camera Formats and Broader Content Distribution Models (March 25, 2014)
SAN JOSE, CA -- (Marketwired) -- 03/25/14 -- Quantum Corp. (NYSE: QTM) today introduced its StorNext® Pro Storage Solutions, which are specifically designed and highly optimized to enable the newest high-performance digital workflows and drive higher levels of efficiency for broadcasters and post-production facilities. Users today face tremendous challenges building storage infrastructure that adequately supports the latest 4K workflows, more camera formats and a greater number of delivery options. With Quantum's StorNext Pro Solutions, these challenges are easily overcome by leveraging the power and efficiency of the newly re-architected StorNext 5 platform. The offerings are initially available in three configurations, each tailored to specific customer workflows: StorNext Pro Studio, StorNext Pro 4K and StorNext Pro Production. Each one is highly scalable, includes three years of product support and integrates seamlessly with the extensive StorNext ecosystem, including products from Apple, Adobe, Autodesk, Avid, Telestream and all popular media asset management applications.
At the core of the StorNext Pro Solutions is StorNext 5, a new, high-performance storage management platform optimized for the deadline-driven demands of modern media workflows. Offerings include:
- StorNext Pro Studio is designed to easily refresh or enhance existing Apple Xsan storage environments by providing a high-performance, scalable and 100 percent Xsan-compatible solution with 48 TB of storage capacity. StorNext Pro Studio integrates the StorNext M441D metadata appliance with the StorNext QX1200 RAID storage system, making it cost-effective, easier to deploy and ideal for today's production studios.
- StorNext Pro 4K provides high-performance storage for both new and existing StorNext deployments to support demanding 4K media workflows. With flash-based metadata performance using the StorNext M445 SSD metadata appliance and scalability provided by StorNext QX1200 RAID storage systems (144 TB raw capacity), this configuration enables efficient 4K workflows, including ingest, production and delivery.
- StorNext Pro Production gives post and broadcast professionals a complete storage platform spanning content production to content library management. Combining the highly scalable StorNext M662XL metadata appliance, StorNext QX1200 RAID storage systems (96 TB raw) and StorNext AEL500 41-slot (102.5 TB) LTO-6 library, this unified storage foundation effectively serves production workgroups, integrated Windows/Linux review stations, proxy and transcode servers, LTFS acquisition, delivery and archive.
All StorNext Pro Solutions are available with configuration enhancements that provide additional storage capacity, features and professional services.
Quantum will showcase StorNext 5 and its new StorNext Pro Solution offerings at the 2014 NAB Show (booth #SL8416) at the Las Vegas Convention Center, April 7-10.
Alex Grossman, vice president, Media and Entertainment, Quantum
"Workflows have become increasingly more complex as post-production and broadcast facilities face intensive demand for higher resolution 4K content, greater deadline pressure and continued cost constraints. The StorNext Pro Solutions were designed to provide users with a more efficient and cost-effective storage platform for today's production challenges, while ensuring the ability to deliver, manage and preserve owned content for future re-monetization."
- More information on StorNext Pro Solutions can be found here: www.stornext.com/solutions/stornextpro
- Learn more about StorNext 5: www.stornext.com
- Follow the latest StorNext happenings on Twitter: www.twitter.com/stornext
- Join the StorNext conversation on Facebook: www.facebook.com/stornext
Quantum is a leading expert in scale-out storage, archive and data protection. Its StorNext 5 solutions power modern workflows, enabling high-performance, real-time collaboration and keeping content readily accessible for future use and re-monetization. More than 100,000 customers have trusted Quantum to address their most demanding content workflow needs, including top studios, major broadcasters and new, cutting-edge content creators. With Quantum, customers can Be Certain they have the end-to-end storage platform to manage assets from ingest through finishing, and into delivery and long-term preservation. See how at www.stornext.com.
Quantum, the Quantum logo, Be Certain and StorNext are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Quantum Corporation and its affiliates in the United States and/or other countries. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
"Safe Harbor" Statement: This press release contains "forward-looking" statements. All statements other than statements of historical fact are statements that could be deemed forward-looking statements. Specifically, but without limitation, statements relating to 1) customer benefits and value to customers from using StorNext Pro solutions, including StorNext 5 appliances, and 2) customer demand for and Quantum's future revenue from such solutions and appliances are forward-looking statements within the meaning of the Safe Harbor. All forward-looking statements in this press release are based on information available to Quantum on the date hereof. These statements involve known and unknown risks, uncertainties and other factors that may cause Quantum's actual results to differ materially from those implied by the forward-looking statements. These risks include operational difficulties, unforeseen technical limitations, unexpected changes in market conditions and unanticipated changes in customers' needs or requirements, as well as the risks set forth in Quantum's periodic filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission, including, but not limited to, those risks and uncertainties listed in the section entitled "Risk Factors," in Quantum's Quarterly Report on Form 10-Q filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission on February 7, 2014 and in Quantum's Annual Report on Form 10-K filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission on June 7, 2013, especially those risks listed in this section under the heading "Our operating results depend on a limited number of products and on new product introductions, which may not be successful, in which case our business, financial condition and operating results may be materially and adversely affected." Quantum expressly disclaims any obligation to update or alter its forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise.
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords:Applications,Public Relations,asset management,Business Issues,Public Relations,Management,Content creators,Post/Production,Management,Camera/Film,Business,4K,USA,Marketwire,National Association of Broadcasters,Business,Financial,Appliances,Asset Management,Business,Entertainment,Other,