|Page (1) of 1 - 05/20/14||email article||print page|
Psychiatric Times Presents Special Coverage of American Psychiatric Association Annual Meeting
NORWALK, Conn., May 20, 2014 /PRNewswire/ --UBM Medica US announces that Psychiatric Times, a leading online community for mental health professionals, presents special reporting by leaders in the field of psychiatry from the 2014 American Psychiatric Association (APA) Annual Meeting. Among the materials presented in this conference report:
- Bipolar Disorder: Update on Diagnosis Is bipolar disorder overdiagnosed? Underdiagnosed? Neither? In this podcast, Dr. S. Nassir Ghaemi offers his perspective on those questions.
- Persistent Loneliness: A Relentlessand PrevalentProblem What are the psychological and physiological effects of persistent loneliness? How prevalent is persistent loneliness in the US? What role can cognitive behavioral therapy play for persistently lonely people? In this podcast, an expert offers a brief overview of this underappreciated, but often overlooked, problem.
- Update on Mood Disorders in Later Life Mood disorders in older adults are neither inevitable nor particularly resistant to treatment. With attention to the special needs of older patients during evaluation, treatment, and follow up, clinicians can help many patients derive greater enjoyment from their later years.
- DSM-5 Handbook of Differential Diagnosis: Meet the Author A video featuring the author of the DSM-5 Handbook, Dr. Michael First describes differential diagnosis and assessment, central components of clinical practice.
- The Perinatal Psychiatric Consultation What happens when our patients get pregnant or plan to get pregnant? What if psychiatric illness manifests during pregnancy or the perinatal period? Dr. Elizabeth Fitelson answers these questions and more in this video.
Psychiatric Times is the country's leading psychiatric publication and regularly publishes content on key issues in mental health.
About UBM Medica US
Addressing today's healthcare information needs, UBM Medica US, delivers strategic, integrated communications solutions and comprehensive reach -- online, in print, via custom programs and live events. Improving the effectiveness of healthcare through information and education, UBM Medica US provides unbiased clinical, practical, and business information for physicians, providers and payers resulting in improved quality of care for patients around the world. Through journals, magazines, online communities, live and digital events, and other valuable resources, UBM Medica US also delivers comprehensive communication solutions for the pharmaceutical and related industries. Online communities include CancerNetwork.com, ConsultantLive.com, DiagnosticImaging.com, RheumatologyNetwork.com, OBGYN.net, PhysiciansPractice.com, PsychiatricTimes.com and SearchMedica.com. UBM Medica US is part of UBM Connect which, through a range of aligned interactive environments, both physical and digital increases business effectiveness for both customers and audiences through meaningful experiences, knowledge and connections. Headquartered in New York, UBM Connect brings together UBM's healthcare business, UBM Medica US; UBM Canon's advanced design and manufacturing event, online and print brands; UBM Connect New York's catering, cruise shipping, customer management, and fine, specialty and custom chemical communities; and UBM Mexico's concrete show. For more information, visit www.UBMMedicaUS.com.
About UBM plc
UBM plc is a global events-led marketing services and communications company. We help businesses do business, bringing the world's buyers and sellers together at events and online, as well as producing and distributing news and specialist content. Our 5,500 staff in more than 30 countries are organized into expert teams which serve commercial and professional communities, helping them to do business and their markets to work effectively and efficiently.
For more information, go to www.ubm.com; follow us on Twitter at @UBM_plc to get the latest UBM corporate news.
Jason J. Golden
Content Marketing Manager
SOURCE UBM Medica US
Copyright 2014 PR Newswire. All Rights Reserved
Related Keywords:Business, Science, Marketing Services, Shipping, Medical, Business, Adults, Other,