|Page (1) of 1 - 03/20/14||email article||print page|
On the Heels of a 100% Accurate Academy Award Season "Just Seen It's" Film Critics Offer Their Top Spring Break Movie Picks: "Captain America," "Muppets Most Wanted" and "Bad Words" Shouldn't Be Missed(March 20, 2014)
HOLLYWOOD, CA -- (Marketwired) -- 03/20/14 -- On the heels of a successful award season, with a 100% accurate winners list for the 2014 Academy Awards, the critics of Just Seen It offer up their picks for top Spring Break Films that shouldn't be missed. On Just Seen It, industry professionals review the latest in theaters, on TV and cable. The reviews reflect audience-viewing habits and let viewers know whether to "SEE IT", "STREAM IT" or "SKIP IT!"
Spring Break movie season, which kicked off late last month with the action thriller Non-Stop (which Just Seen It gave a three-way SEE IT!), will lead into the most anticipated films of the summer.
"We love to offer viewers our picks so they are armed and ready when it comes time for them to choose the movies they want to see," said executive producer David Freedman.
New episodes of Just Seen It start airing nationally on Wednesdays each week. Check local listings for showtimes, and online at Hulu.com.
MUPPETS MOST WANTED, opens Friday, March 21.
- Liz Manashil, director, says: "Who's gonna say no to the Muppets? SEE IT!"
- Kevin Taft, screenwriter, says: "I loved the last one and I love this one even more! SEE IT!"
BAD WORDS, opens Friday, March 28.
- Liz Manashil says: "From beginning to end I laughed, and I was touched by the story. SEE IT!"
- Aaron Fink, sound mixer, says: "It's very inappropriate, it's cute, it's kind of awkward sometimes, but ultimately it's very heart-warming. SEE IT!"
- Sean Wright, director, says: "General audiences will laugh and have nothing but good words to say about Bad Words. SEE IT!"
CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE WINTER SOLDIER, opens Friday, April 4.
- Zorianna Kit, critic, says: "The most action-packed Marvel movie yet! SEE IT!"
- Aaron Fink says: "Leaves the audience wanting more in the best possible way! SEE IT!"
Also coming soon is DIVERGENT, opening Friday, March 21. Just Seen It reviewers are divided but...
- Aaron Fink says: "Leaves The Hunger Games in its dust! SEE IT!"
- Kevin Taft says: "Incredibly compelling and surprisingly emotional. SEE IT!"
And if you haven't seen NON-STOP yet, be sure to check it out!
- Leah Aldridge, writer, says: "Liam Neeson is the certified king of badass-ness in these kinds of movies. SEE IT!"
- Brenna Smith, actress, says: "Fantastic fun that will keep surprising you to the very end! SEE IT!"
- Salim Lemelle, screenwriter, says: "Your heart will definitely need a rest after this movie! SEE IT!
The Just Seen It cast includes an eclectic mix of producers, directors, screenwriters, actors, and sound designers -- all working professionals in the industry including Zorianna Kit, critic from The Huffington Post, and guest reviewers Scott Mantz from Access Hollywood, Ana Maria Bahiana from the Hollywood Foreign Press Association and Jami Philbrick from IamRogue.com. Additional cast includes Leah Aldridge (PhD, Film), Rachel Appelbaum (actress), Aaron Fink (sound mixer), Salim Lemelle (screenwriter), Liz Manashil (director), Sean Wright (director), Brenna Smith (actress), and Kevin Taft (screenwriter and film critic from Edge Media Network).
Just Seen It is a young, modern, multi-cultural entertainment show and has created over 800 distinctive reviews since its inception in 2011. It airs weekly on 246 PBS stations nationwide. Check local listings for showtimes, and online at Hulu.com.
Just Seen It is on in 108 markets and 40 states with 60% of US coverage.
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords:Pro Audio,Camera/Film,Marketwire,Film,Television,Entertainment,