|Page (1) of 1 - 06/24/14||email article||print page|
Maxthon Releases Video-Optimized Browser Offering Best Video on the Web
SAN FRANCISCO, June 24, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Maxthon, a global software company that develops state-of-the-art web browsers, today announced the release of a Windows PC web browser that offers its users the most comprehensively best video viewing experience online. Already providing high speed, superior performance and sharing capabilities, Maxthon's latest release marries best-of-breed video rendering performance with a new, proprietary feature that allows viewers to fast forward through forced advertisements for a more enjoyable experience.
According to findings by the Pew Research Center[i], almost two-thirds of U.S. adults are now watching videos online with the number continuing to increase. Jeff Chen, Founder and CEO of Maxthon said, "The growth of video streaming sites that are easily accessible on desktop and mobile is fueling the current wave of internet usage. Maxthon is focused on delivering superior features that address the changing habits of our users to ultimately enhance their online experience. Ad Skipper for Maxthon PC is our latest contribution to that effort."
65% of all Maxthon desktop users watch at least one video through their Maxthon browser each day-- accounting for 30% of the time spent in an average web browsing session. Mobile video views are also increasing, now accounting for 35% of video views via Maxthon browsers.
Currently available on Maxthon's Windows PC browser, which offers superior speed input that renders web pages and manages downloads faster than any other browser in the world, these new video features build on its already high-performing video viewing platform. These new features include superior:
- Skipping through Forced Ads: To improve navigating videos, Maxthon's Ad Skipper technology enables users to fast-forward through any part of any video, including "forced-view" advertising. This feature makes it easier to scroll through long videos to find the exact spot from where to stop. The unique technology uses a combination of smart pre-fetching and a new approach to managing the browser runtime environment to allow for lightning-quick fast forwarding.
- Performance: Maxthon's efficient approach to memory management and CPU usage frees comparatively more RAM and processing power to render and play videos making for fewer stops, slow downs and blown buffers than other major browsers.
- Compatibility: Maxthon offers the broadest video codec supportaround: h.264, VP8, OggTheora and WebM. This means great quality video across the largest number of different video formats and connection speeds.
- Sharing: The Tear-Off option offers the ability to pull all the action right out of the browser. This makes for a cleaner and less cluttered experience.
- The 'Boss Key': For sneaking videos on the sly, hit CTRL + whatever you designate and Maxthon will automatically overlay a very boring, work-like-looking spreadsheet to cover the video.
"Hands down, this new release makes Maxthon's PC browser the far and away best way to watch video on the web," said Karl Mattson, VP of Maxthon's International Group. "We're giving the control back to the viewer for the most comfortable experience on a browser. Through testing, feedback and surveys, we found that video ads were a major pain point for our users. Unlike third-party plug-ins that slow down the viewing experience, we've built our unique Ad Skipper technology into our browser for a quicker and smoother performance."
Download Maxthon's Video Optimized PC Browser: http://usa.maxthon.com/ad-skip/
Download Maxthon for iPhone / iPad: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/maxthon-web-browser-best-out/id541052011?mt=8
Download Maxthon for Windows Phone: http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/store/app/maxthon/7930f298-bd1e-462c-bbf2-0e36f26d04d4
Maxthon is an innovative software company that develops superior web browsers that continue to set new standards for speed, security, simplicity and cloud features. It is available on the Windows, Android, iOS and Mac platforms. With offices in San Francisco, Los Angeles, Beijing, Shanghai and Hong Kong, Maxthon reaches a global community of users that tops more than 120,000,000 people each month in more than 150 countries. Learn more about Maxthon on www.maxthon.com
Burson-Marsteller for Maxthon
SOURCE Maxthon USA Inc
Copyright 2014 PR Newswire. All Rights Reserved
Related Keywords:Internet/Web, Internet, Streaming Media, Web, Phone OS, Internet Media, Workstation/CPU, streaming, Mobile Video, Video, Mac, Android, OS9, OSX, USA, Apple Computer, Internet Technology, Internet, Browsers, Adults, Other,