|Page (1) of 1 - 10/23/13||email article||print page|
Masking: The Black Art Of Video MakingHere is a simple ten step tutorial on making a mask
- Step 1: Create a new project and add the main video to a track
- Step 2: Create a new video track ABOVE the existing track
- Step 3: From the Media Generators tab, choose 'Legacy Text', and from the options offered, select 'Default Text' and track it down on the new empty track.
- Step 4: Change the text from 'Sample Text' (on the edit tab) to whatever you wish. On the 'Properties' tab and 'effects' tab, you can modify the text styles, colours, size and so on.
- Step 5: On the 'Placement' tab, you can move the text around to the location you wish it to appear. You could also use the Pan and Crop tool on the video track if you wished, but we'll use that a little later to add a background.
- Step 6: Add a new video track BELOW the text track and above the original video track
- Step 7: Choose the Solid Colour section from the Media Generators tab
- Step 8: Select a colour and drag this onto the new track you have just created
- Step 9: Using the Pan and Crop tool, size and move the solid colour to make a strip behind the text
- Step 10: The final step is to make the strip slightly translucent. On the clips track, at the very top of the frame is what is called the Opacity Slider. Simply drag this down to the desired level.
David is the owner and publisher of AusCam Online. He has a background in media dating back to 1979 when he first got involved with photojournalism in motorsport, and went from there into technology via a 5 year stint with Tandy Computers.
Moving back to WA, David wrote scripts for Computer Television for video training for the just released Windows and Office 95 among others, and was then lured to Sydney to create web sites for the newly commercial Internet in 1995, building hundreds of sites under contract to OzEmail including Coates Hire, Hertz Queensland, John Williamson, the NSW Board of Studies and many, many more.
David can be contacted via firstname.lastname@example.org
Related Keywords:video masking, sony vegas