|Page (1) of 1 - 04/07/14||email article||print page|
IP and Virtualization Technologies From Cisco Empower New Video Experiences for Service Providers at NAB 2014Cisco to Showcase Latest Videoscape Innovations, Including Industry-First Public Demonstration of 4K Live Stream at NAB 2014 (April 07, 2014)
LAS VEGAS, NV -- (Marketwired) -- 04/07/14 -- NAB 2014 -- At NAB 2014 this week in Las Vegas, Cisco (NASDAQ: CSCO) is showcasing innovations to its video technology portfolio, including advancements to its industry-leading Videoscape TV service delivery platform. NAB attendees will be able to experience how Cisco, with its partners and customers, is driving new video experiences and formats, simplifying video processing infrastructures and reducing costs in video processing value chains. These solutions, and more, will be demonstrated at the Cisco booth, located at N9332 in the Las Vegas Convention Center, North Hall.
Cisco Advances Videoscape with Virtualized Video Processing and Advancements to AnyRes with Support for 4K and HEVC
At NAB 2014, Cisco is expanding its Videoscape TV service delivery platform with Virtualized Video Processing and advancements to AnyRes to support full-frame rate 4K content and the High Efficiency Video Coding (HEVC) standard for both real time and on-demand.
Videoscape Virtualized Video Processing (V2P) utilizes Cisco's industry leading virtualization and cloud technologies to help media companies and service providers address the challenge of multi-screen video delivery and the dizzying proliferation of video processing workflows it is bringing. V2P empowers media companies and service providers with all the tools they need to address each and every workflow but leverages virtualization and cloud technologies to simplify their infrastructures, reducing operational burdens and breaking down functional silos. The result is increased agility in delivering new video experiences at lower costs, as well as more exciting user experiences, delivered faster. V2P is based on industry standard technology such as NFV and SDN, and integrates into Cisco's overall virtualization strategy and is a key part of the broader Cisco Evolved Services Platform. Additional information about Videoscape V2P can be found here.
Also announced at NAB 2014 are advancements to Videoscape AnyRes encoding solution to support full-frame rate 4K/Ultra High Definition content and HEVC standard. Available today to service provider and media companies, Videoscape AnyRes enables Cisco's customers to simplify video processing and distribution and fuels their transition to IP-based delivery platforms.
More information on the expansion of Videoscape capabilities, including Virtualized Video Processing and AnyRes, can be found here.
Cisco Demonstrations at NAB 2014:
At NAB 2014, Cisco will collaborate with Sony for an industry-first public demonstration of full-rate 4K 60P content delivery from New York City to the Las Vegas Convention Center. The demonstration, which encompasses Videoscape AnyRes and a Cisco set-top box with 4K support, will be available for show attendees to witness during NAB exhibition hours at the Cisco booth (N9332) in the Las Vegas Convention Center.
Additional Cisco demos at NAB:
- Real Time Contribution:
- Cisco will demonstrate IP transport of uncompressed, Advanced Video Coding (AVC), and JPEG 2000; as well as a path to 4K content for Primary Distribution.
- Bandwidth Optimization for Premium Content Video Delivery:
- Cisco will demonstrate advanced compression techniques, which reduce the bandwidth required to deliver video over satellite or cable networks for primary and secondary distribution, without loss of quality.
- Single Unit Transcode:
- Cisco will demonstrate how a single platform can accept both real-time and on-demand video in any format, including 4K, HEVC, AVC and MPEG2, and transcode it into all the formats required for multiscreen delivery to set-top boxes, game consoles, smartphones, tablets and other end points.
- Ad Plus: Ad Swap
- Cisco will demonstrate capabilities for the operator to substitute advertisements in primary distribution enabling broadcasters to navigate regional licensing or regulatory issues, delivering improved monetization.
- All IP Production:
- Cisco will demonstrate all-IP production with an emphasis on integration of all IP environments with existing broadcast infrastructure. The demonstration will also focus on implementing SDN WAN orchestration. This demonstration will also be showcased at the Snell booth (N1820).
- Soft Clients and Security
- Cisco will demonstrate an HTML5 development platform for a range of devices, including tablets, smartphones, and desktop PCs.
- In addition we will show Media Guard and VideoGuard DRM for the protection of content on Desktop PCs, gaming devices, tablets and others.
- Automated Metadata
- Cisco will demonstrate automated metadata insertion and management.
Cisco Speakers at NAB 2014:
- Cisco Connected Media World Daily Keynote: Moving to an All-IP Infrastructure, Monday, April 7, 10:30 - 11:30 a.m., Location: CMW Theater; Cisco presenters include:
- Bob Schattner, Business Development for Service Provider Innovation
- Tom Ohanian, Digital Media Strategy
- Peter Chave, System Architect
- OTT Considerations: Functionalities & Technologies, Monday, April 7, 2:30 - 3:00 p.m., Location: S228; Tom Ohanian, Digital Media Strategy, Cisco, presenter.
- Cisco Connected Media World Daily Keynote: Why Managing Content in the Cloud Matters, Tuesday, April 8, 10:30 - 11:30 a.m., Location: CMW Theater; Tom Ohanian, Digital Media Strategy, Cisco, will serve as the moderator. Panelists include: Ian Hamilton, Chief Technology Officer, Signiant; Jaap Haitsma, Chief Technology Officer, Civolution; and Dr. Spincer Koh, CEO, Gorilla Technology Group.
- Keynote Super Session - Cisco Presents: The Transition from Live to Event TV, Tuesday, April 8, 12:30 - 1:30 p.m., Location: S222; Discussion will be moderated by Greg Ireland, Research Manager, Consumer Markets, IDC.
- Cisco Connected Media World Daily Keynote: Is Cloud Editing the Future of Post Production?, Wednesday, April 9, 10:30 - 11:30 a.m., Location: CMW Theater; Tom Ohanian, Digital Media Strategy, Cisco will serve as the moderator. Panelists include: Mark Overington, President, North America, Aframe; Bill Roberts, Senior Director, Professional Video Product Management, Adobe; and Dave Colantuoni, Senior Director, Product Management, Creative Apps/Storage, Avid.
- Routing Live Uncompressed Production Video on IP Networks, Wednesday, April 9, 2:00 - 2:30 p.m., Location: S228; Peter Chave, System Architect, Cisco, presenter.
- Cisco Connected Media World Daily Keynote: Primestream - File Based Video Workflows and Their Complexity, Thursday, April 10, 10:30 - 11:30 a.m., Location: CMW Theater; Warren Arenstein, Senior Vice President, Primestream Corporation, presenter.
Additional Cisco News at NAB 2014:
- Snell and Cisco Partner for IP-Enabled Broadcast Production
- High-Quality Online Video Anchors Akamai Presence at 2014 NAB Show
- Joe Cozzolino, Senior Vice President, General Manager, Service Provider Video Infrastructure
"Cisco's broad portfolio of video solutions on display at NAB will demonstrate that we are the best partner for media companies and service providers looking to scale and monetize their businesses, and most importantly, stay ahead of rapid changes in the video landscape. The advancements to the Videoscape platform make it the most compelling and holistic TV delivery service platform on the market. This allows our customers to manage new and exciting video experiences from contribution, to production, to distribution."
Additional Supporting Resources
- Read blog series: Cisco at NAB 2014 at Cisco SP360 Blog: http://blogs.cisco.com/sp
- Follow us on our LinkedIn page for targeted updates and announcements
- Subscribe to Cisco's SP360 feed
Tags/Keywords: Cisco, NAB, NAB 2014, HEVC, 4K, UltraHD, encoding, broadcasters, cloud, cloud video, IP, IP Video, Joe Cozzolino, Videoscape, TV Everywhere, service provider, cable operator, TV, Snell, Akamai, multi-screen video
RSS Feed for Cisco: http://newsroom.cisco.com/rss-feeds
Cisco (NASDAQ: CSCO) is the worldwide leader in IT that helps companies seize the opportunities of tomorrow by proving that amazing things can happen when you connect the previously unconnected. For ongoing news, please go to http://thenetwork.cisco.com.
Cisco and the Cisco logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Cisco and/or its affiliates in the U.S. and other countries. A listing of Cisco's trademarks can be found at www.cisco.com/go/trademarks. Third-party trademarks mentioned are the property of their respective owners. The use of the word partner does not imply a partnership relationship between Cisco and any other company.
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords:Displays, High Def (HD), Computers/Home Office, Communications, Gaming, Digital Toys, Web, Tablets, Speakers, Networks, Smart Phone, tablet, Games, Tablet, Research, Video, Blogs/videoblogs, Post/Production, CAD, Management, Director, Architects, Computers/Peripherals, Display, Prosumer/Consumer, Business, Notebook/Laptop/Tablets, HTML5, 4K, Gaming, Settop Box, Broadcast Technology, Production/Post, Broadcast, Encoding, Post Production, Production, Streaming Media, Compression, Ireland, USA, Marketwire, Sony, Television, Game Technology, Business, Other,