|Page (1) of 1 - 04/03/14||email article||print page|
Home Hardware Stores Limited Celebrates 50th Anniversary at Spring Market
Colonel Chris Hadfield to address Dealer-Owners
ST. JACOBS, ON, April 3, 2014 /CNW/ - Home Hardware Stores Limited is proudly celebrating 50 years in business at this year's Spring Market. Taking place from April 6 - 8, the Market will play host to thousands of Dealer-Owners, store employees, vendors and business partners from across Canada.
Sunday, April 6, 8:00 a.m. Presenters Paul Straus, President & CEO, Home Hardware Stores Limited and Terry Davis, Executive Vice President and COO, Home Hardware Stores Limited will share a special 50th anniversary message.
Monday, April 7, 1:15 p.m. Distribution Centre Tour A tour of Home Hardware's industry leading Distribution Centre. RSVP required.
Tuesday, April 8, 8:00 a.m. Keynote Speaker Colonel Chris Hadfield, Astronaut/Former Commander of the International Space Station. Colonel Hadfield, renowned Canadian Astronaut and the author of 'The Astronaut's Guide to Life on Earth' shares his philosophies through his presentation "The Sky is not the Limit."
Home Hardware's biannual Market:
- Brings together the collective buying power of the Dealer-Owners of close to 1,100 locations across Canada for seasonal purchasing to offer customers a variety of quality products at competitive prices.
- Includes tours of the St. Jacobs Distribution Centre and Beauti-Tone Paint and Home Products manufacturing facility in Burford, Ontario.
- Presents Dealer-Owners and store employees the opportunity to explore the latest product information and demonstrations, trends and technology in home improvement retailing.
- Offers diverse seminars and presentations on everything Dealer-Owners need to provide expert advice to customers and succeed as entrepreneurs.
- Over the past 20 years, Home Hardware's biannual Markets have generated an estimated $13M in tourism for the Kitchener-Waterloo region.
Home Hardware Stores Limited was founded 50 years ago on the belief that the best people to provide a community with superior service and quality products are those living within it. Fifty years later this principle still holds true and guides us forward into the next 50 years of serving communities with new stores, new ideas, new products and new services.
- Paul Straus, President and CEO, Home Hardware Stores Limited
MEDIA ARE INVITED TO ATTEND ** THIS EVENT IS NOT OPEN TO THE PUBLIC **
About Home Hardware Stores Limited
Proudly celebrating its 50thanniversary in 2014, Home Hardware Stores Limited is Canada's largest Dealer-owned hardware, lumber, building materials and furniture cooperative. Founded in 1964 by 122 independent Dealers, the 100% Canadian owned and operated cooperative now includes close to 1,100 stores under the Home Hardware, Home Building Centre, Home Hardware Building Centre and Home Furniture banners, with annual retail sales of more than $5.4 billion. Through the Home Hardware network, Dealer-Owners have access to a world-class distribution system and 100,000 quality brand name and private label products at competitive prices. Home Hardware Stores Limited received designation as one of Canada's Best Managed Companies. More information about the company is available at www.homehardware.ca.
SOURCE Home Hardware Stores Limited
Copyright 2014 PR Newswire. All Rights Reserved
Related Keywords:Pro AV, Post/Production, Presentors, Business, Business Issues, Presentation, Channel/Distribution, People, Science, Space Science, Business,