|Page (1) of 1 - 09/18/16||email article||print page|
Hawaiki Keyer releases a new plugin for Final Cut ProKeyer 3 New Feature Tutorial
The new keyer from Hawaiki includes several features that will be important to any editor/compositor, most notably features that will allow editors to control light wrap transfer modes.
- New Swap option (with additional dropdown menu) for quick comparison of any two views;
- New views include RGB Max, Pre-Qualify, Luma Map, Edge Blend and Spill Map Overlay, as well as improved versions of Analysis and Spill Map.
- Auto Target & Auto Edge:
- New Auto Target control to adjust the target density of the Auto process; new Auto Edge option helps maintain lighter foreground detail.
- Refined Screen Density Controls:
- Knee controls for High & Low Density for greater accuracy and enhanced edge quality.
- New Pre-Qualify section intelligently targets foreground and background RGB balance for very high levels of matte refinement.
- Black and White Clip Knees:
- New Black and White Clip knee controls allow for much more precise targeting of clip operations.
- White Balance:
- New White Balance section uses Hawaiki's state-of-the-art white balance technology (from AutoGrade) to allow you to white balance either the foreground image or the matte process or both, with the choice of balancing from a white (grey value) pick or a skin tone pick.
- Edge - revamped Edge processing: Edge Transparency now uses the main edge matte, as does the new Edge Blur, so both can be qualified with a gradient. Edge Blend algorithm has been updated to produce a smoother blend.
- Improved Denoise options with Low, Medium and High settings.
- New Auto Luminance and Auto Saturation options.
- Light Wrap:
- Enhanced Light Wrap module with a choice of blend modes.
Find out more at their website: http://hawaiki.co
Ko Maruyama is a freelance animator in Los Angeles. In addition to working on film and broadcast animations, Ko teaches at Pasadena's Art Center College of Design - focusing on motion design. When working, writing or testing software allows, you can find him lending a hand in the After Effects board and lurking among the Cinema4D, Visual Effects and Photoshop posts within the DMNForums.
Related Keywords:IBCShow, NABShow, animation, Mac, CreativeMac, maxon, SIGGRAPH, C4D, 3D, ipisoft, animationartist, Adobe, photoshop, photography, comicon, Automatic Duck, demo, VFX, motion graphics, Apple, Graphics
Source:Ko Maruyama. All Rights Reserved