|Page (1) of 1 - 06/28/13||email article||print page|
Five Best YouTube Proxy Tips How to Get the Most From Your Proxy(June 28, 2013)
Dallas, TX (PRWEB) June 28, 2013
Proxies allow you to bypass blocks on websites as a result of web censorship or geographical access restrictions. When using a proxy to access YouTube, whether it is because the site as a whole is blocked or just certain videos, there are several important considerations that will help you get the content you want easily and quickly. Here are the 5 most important of these.
1. Use IP proxies. IP proxies do not run into problems displaying YouTube videos, as the media is carried directly to your browser, rather than presented by a third-party proxy site. Many site-based proxies have trouble displaying YouTube video content on their pages.
2. Use a filter to find the fastest proxies. Another advantage of a good IP proxy list is that it will include statistics on the speed, security and anonymity of the presented proxies. For smooth video streaming, it is vital you use a fast proxy; the filter mechanism is there to help you find a selection of the fastest in the lists wider database.
3. Choose a server near to you. This will increase the speed of the streaming process, as it reduces the distance the content must travel from YouTubes servers to your device.
4. Try US servers in the event videos are unavailable in your location. When you access YouTube.com through a US IP address, there are fewer restrictions than in many other countries. If that still does not work, try the country from which the video was uploaded.
5. Encrypt your connection. This is important if YouTube is completely blocked by filters guarding your connection. You may find that activating https slows the streaming slightly, but the encryption will prevent censors from closing off access to the proxy server. HTTPS is not necessary when using a proxy to unblock specific videos that the site has made unavailable in your region.
idcloak Technologies is a developer of proxy solutions that facilitate safe, unrestricted access to the global internet. Visit http://www.idcloak.com for more information.
Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2013/6/prweb10879936.htm.