|Page (1) of 1 - 02/17/14||email article||print page|
Dr. Daniel J. Penny to deliver keynote address at Cardiology 2014, the 17th Annual Update on Pediatric and Congenital Cardiovascular Disease
HOUSTON, Feb. 17, 2014 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Dr. Daniel J. Penny, chief of cardiology at Texas Children's Hospital and section head and professor of pediatrics-cardiology at Baylor College of Medicine, will present the 12th Annual William J. Rashkind Memorial Lecture in Pediatric Cardiology at Cardiology 2014, the 17th Annual Update on Pediatric and Congenital Cardiovascular Disease. The conference, hosted by the Children's Hospital of Philadelphia, will take place in Lake Buena Vista, Florida Feb. 19 through 23. Texas Children's Heart Center is ranked #3 nationally in cardiology and heart surgery by U.S. News & World Report. For more information about Texas Children's Heart Center visit texaschildrens.org/heart.
"I am honored to be delivering the keynote address at this year's Cardiology conference," says Penny. "This is a great opportunity to showcase the cutting edge techniques and thought leadership we practice at Texas Children's Heart Center."
Cardiology 2014 is a comprehensive post-graduate course for pediatric cardiologists, neonatologists, surgeons, nurses, intensivists, anesthesiologists, sonographers, perfusionists and all those involved in the care of neonates, children and young adults with cardiovascular disease. This year's theme is "Innovations: What We Know. What We Need to Learn. Where We Need to Be." Penny's speech, The Quest for the Ultimate Team, will discuss the importance of assembling a comprehensive team of specialists and experts to deliver the best possible care to pediatric cardiology patients.
In addition to the keynote address, Penny will also serve as a panelist during a discussion about the management of aortic valve disease and represent Team Houston during a quiz bowl which will test his knowledge against experts in the field from around the United States. Other Texas Children's Heart Center experts who will be giving presentations or attending the conference include:
- Dr. Carrie Altman, medical director of pediatric cardiology at Texas Children's and associate professor of pediatrics at Baylor.
- Dr. Paul Checchia, medical director of the cardiovascular intensive care unit at Texas Children's and professor of critical care medicine at Baylor, will present: Maximizing Success in the Coming Age of Values-driven Healthcare: Turning Things Upside Down to Get Them Right Side Up and will also represent Team Houston during the quiz bowl.
- Dr. Silvana Lawrence, medical director, community and program development at Texas Children's and associate professor of pediatrics-cardiology at Baylor.
- Dr. Keila Lopez, pediatric cardiologist at Texas Children's and assistant professor of pediatrics at Baylor.
- Dr. Kristen Sexson Tejtel, pediatric cardiologist, Center for Preventive Cardiology at Texas Children's and assistant professor of pediatrics-cardiology at Baylor.
For more information on Cardiology 2014 visit the conference's website.
About Texas Children's Hospital
Texas Children's Hospital, a not-for-profit organization, is committed to creating a community of healthy children through excellence in patient care, education and research. Consistently ranked among the top children's hospitals in the nation, Texas Children's has recognized Centers of Excellence in multiple pediatric subspecialties including the Cancer and Heart Centers, and operates the largest primary pediatric care network in the country. Texas Children's has completed a $1.5 billion expansion, which includes the Jan and Dan Duncan Neurological Research Institute; Texas Children's Pavilion for Women, a comprehensive obstetrics/gynecology facility focusing on high-risk births; and Texas Children's Hospital West Campus, a community hospital in suburban West Houston. For more information on Texas Children's, go to www.texaschildrens.org. Get the latest news from Texas Children's by visiting the online newsroom and on Twitter at twitter.com/texaschildrens.
Contact: Lindsey Fox
SOURCE Texas Children's Hospital
Copyright 2014 PR Newswire. All Rights Reserved
Related Keywords:Pro AV, Post/Production, Management, Presentors, Management, Director, Business Issues, Presentation, USA, Medicine, Disease, Surgery, medical technologists, Surgery, Medication, Childrens Health, Children, Science, Medical, Cancer, Adults, Children, Other, Women,