|Page (1) of 1 - 05/07/14||email article||print page|
Dinner and a Movie Just Got Even Better: Studio Movie Grill Re-launching Copperfield Location Following Complete Redesign and Renovation
HOUSTON, May 7, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Studio Movie Grill Copperfield ("SMG") is excited to announce that its first Houston location has been completely renovated to match the style and vigor of the current SMG brand. When its doors opened in 2006, it was only the company's fourth location, but SMG Copperfield immediately made an impact, building an enthusiastic following and earning rave reviews. Today, guests can expect the same exceptional service and warm, inviting atmosphere they've come to expect from the in-theater dining trendsetter, while marveling at the many improvements to the theater's design and decor.
SMG maintains a leadership position by constantly refining and reinventing itself, all with the goal of creating unforgettable experiences for guests. SMG Copperfield's renovation brings in modern design elements as part of solidifying the company's signature aesthetic. While each SMG theater is unique, key touch-points at the Copperfield location include the storefront, box office, bar-lounge, lobby, and auditoria, plus custom fixtures and soft seating.
Housing eight screens and 1,500 seats, the newly redesigned theater will offer guests spacious auditoria with fixed lounge seats. The contemporary, casual lounge and bar areas will now afford SMG guests a supremely relaxing way to spend time with family and friends. Guests can enjoy a drink and socialize before or after the movie thanks to a full-service lobby bar. SMG's continued innovation in cinema dining creates an enriched environment for social gatherings and events.
"We couldn't be more thrilled to introduce new guests and existing fans to the newest embodiment of our concept and the very best SMG has to offer," said Studio Movie Grill Founder/CEO Brian Schultz. "The growth and success of the brand enables us to reinvest in the guest experience, giving people a reason to keep coming back."
When SMG Copperfield opens its doors in May, it will launch its signature Cans Film Festival benefitting the Houston Food Bank. Guests who donate two or more non-perishable food items during the weekend of May 16 to 19 will receive a free admission ticket.
"We appreciate the efforts of Studio Movie Grill to help put food on the tables of the hungry in Houston," commented Brian Greene, president/CEO of Houston Food Bank."Together we 'CAN' make a difference, and the Cans Film Festival is an easy, affordable way for Houstonians to enjoy the renovated Studio Movie Grill while helping those in need."
In addition to new movie releases, SMG Copperfield offers alternate programming to entice filmgoers:
- Brews-N-Views Retro favorites from the action, comedy, and sports genres play the first Wednesday of each month at 7:30 p.m. SHAWSHANK REDEMPTION screens on Wednesday, May 7. Buckets of Brews will be available for $24.
- Girls' Night Out Enjoy your favorite 'chick flick' the second Wednesday of each month at 7:30 p.m. Perennial favorite PRETTY WOMAN will show Wednesday, May 14. As an added bonus, SMG is currently offering $5 Sobieski Vodka Cosmos on Wednesday nights.
- Special Needs Screenings To accommodate children with special needs, these ongoing screenings will have the lights turned up, sound turned down, and will allow kids to talk, dance, and sing as desired on select Saturdays each month. In association with Variety, The Children's Charity of Texas, these films are free for children with special needs, as well as their siblings, with matinee pricing for general attendees. Next up is MALEFICENT on Saturday, June 7 at 11:00 a.m.
- Family Rewind These screenings showcase beloved childhood films perfect for all ages on the third Wednesday of each month. This month's timeless classic is BACK TO THE FUTURE on Wednesday, May 21 at 7:00 p.m. Tickets are only $2
- SMG Toons Fun for the whole family! SMG Toons features popular cartoons every Saturday and Sunday at 11:00 a.m. HURRAY FOR HUCKLE: THE VERY BEST BUSYTOWN FRIENDS EVER is this month's feature.
- SMG Children's Summer Series shows affordable family favorites all summer long. Get out of the heat and enjoy a $2 family film Monday-Friday at 11:00 a.m. The series launches June 9 with ICE AGE 4: CONTINENTAL DRIFT.
- SMG will also host several other screening series that feature documentaries, concerts, advance screenings, independent films, film series, Game Day (local and national sports), and original programming! Sign up for the e-blast for more information on the website at https://www.studiomoviegrill.com and/or become a Facebook fan at https://www.facebook.com/studiomoviegrillfan
About Studio Movie Grill
The SMG brand is growing nationally with locations in Indiana, Arizona, Georgia, Illinois, North Carolina, and Ohio as well as its home state of Texas, where it is headquartered and has nine locations. For more information, please visit www.studiomoviegrill.com.
About Houston Food Bank
The Houston Food Bank is America's largest food bank in distribution to its network of nearly 600 hunger relief charities in 18 southeast Texas counties.Named top charity in Texas by Charity Navigator for financial performance and accountability, the Food Bank provides more than 64 million nutritious meals to food pantries, soup kitchens, senior centers and other agencies, feeding 137,000 people each week.Fresh produce, meat, and non-perishables are distributed from the warehouse at 535 Portwall, and hot meals are prepared and distributed from Keegan Center, a 15,000 square-foot industrial kitchen.Additional community services range from nutrition education to assistance with food stamp applications and hands-on job training.The Houston Food Bank, founded in 1982, is a certified member of Feeding America, the nation's food bank network.
Lynne McQuaker, Director of Public Relations and Outreach
Studio Movie Grill
(972) 388-7888 Ext. 232
SOURCE Studio Movie Grill
Copyright 2014 PR Newswire. All Rights Reserved
Related Keywords:Sports, Film, Theater, Sports, Family, Children, Other,