|Page (1) of 1 - 09/17/13||email article||print page|
Cell Based Assays: Novel Technologies in Cell Based Assay Platforms(September 17, 2013)
London, UK (PRWEB UK) 17 September 2013
Following on from its hugely successful Cell-Based Assays conference in 2012, this year's event, taking place on the 18th-19th of November 2013 in London, UK, will feature over 16 innovative presentations delivered by some of the leading names in the Pharma industry, discussing 3D cell culture, future screening tools and primary phenotypic assays, drug design, targeting ION channels and novel technologies in the latest Cell Based Assays platforms.
According to events chairman Dr. Anthony Davies, Director of the High Content Facility, Institute of Molecular Medicine, Trinity College Dublin, "The SMi's Cell Based Assays conference agenda is both fresh and comprehensive covering many of the most interesting and important topics areas in this scientific field. In my opinion, anyone working with cell based assays would benefit from attending this meeting." Dr. Davies will also host an interactive half-day post-conference workshop "Overcoming the challenges of moving from 2D to 3D Cell Based Assays in an HCS and HTS environment".
- Hear the latest on Phenotypic screening; how target based screening is allowing for identification of small molecules
- See how you can implement a primary cell assay plan through a case study of SAR-driving assay
- The latest in GPCR and other ion channel targeting pathways and how they are being used in the most recent drug discovery assays
- Adopt accelerated primary cell screening systems such as those utilised by GSK
Keynote speakers include:
- Mao Xiang Chen, Biological and Cellular targets, GlaxoSmithKline
- Martha Brown, Senior Associate Director, Boehringer-Ingelheim
- Xavier Leroy, Director, Actelion
- Steve Ludbrook, Section Head, GlaxoSmithKline
- Urs Luethi, Senior Lab Head Discovery, Actelion
- Tyrell Norris, Team Leader Cellular Reagents & Assay Development, AstraZeneca
- Amir Gander, Senior Knowledge Transfer Associate, University College London
2013 attendees include leading experts from GlaxoSmithKline, Actelion, Imagen Biotech, AstraZeneca, Actelion, Novartis, Imperial College London and many others.
For the full conference programme and further information please visit:
Alternatively contact Fateja Begum on +44 (0)20 7827 6184 or email: fbegum(at)smi-online(dot)co(dot)uk
Sponsorship opportunities are available for this event, please contact Alia Malick, Director, on +44(0) 20 7827 6168.
Contact for media-partners: Julia Rotar, jrotar(at)smi-online(dot)co(dot)uk, +44 (0) 20 7827 6088.
About SMi Group
Established since 1993, the SMi Group is a global event-production company that specializes in Business-to-Business Conferences, Workshops, Masterclasses and online Communities. We create and deliver events in the Defence, Security, Energy, Utilities, Finance and Pharmaceutical industries.
We pride ourselves on having access to the worlds most forward thinking opinion leaders and visionaries, allowing us to bring our communities together to Learn, Engage, Share and Network. We hold events in over 30 major cities throughout the world including London, Paris and Singapore and to date have welcomed over 200,000 participants from 80 countries.
For more information, please visit http://www.smi-online.co.uk
Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2013/9/prweb11131562.htm.