|Page (1) of 1 - 05/22/14||email article||print page|
Better Homes & Gardens and NBC's Today Rely on Healthy House Institute as Expert Source for Keeping Homes Healthy During Makeover
BOISE, Idaho, May 22, 2014 /PRNewswire-iReach/ -- Better Homes & Gardensfor a story on how to paint a home interior safelyand NBC's Today Show websitefor a forthcoming feature on keeping the kitchen more germ-freeboth used the Healthy House Institute (HHI) as an expertresource in April-May 2014. But it's all in a day's work for HHI President Allen Rathey, who notes that HHI has also been quoted in (among others):
- The national consumer newsletter Bottom Line Personal (on maintaining interior air quality)
- EverydayHealth.com (on home ecology and proper ventilation)
- The website of NSF International, a Michigan-based health-and-safety certification organization that tests and certifies thousands of products each year (on consumer education to maintain a healthy home)
- GB&D (Green Building and Design) Magazine (on the many green features of HHI's new national office and Rathey's own residence)
- Business-For-a-Better-World.com, which interviewed Rathey for a full hour in a series that also included the founders of GreenBiz.com, Guerrilla Marketing, and Business Networking International (on the overlaps and differences of green homes and healthy homes)
Rathey also notes that Healthy Facilities Institute or HFI, HHI's facilities-side organization, is currently in dialog with Stanford University about beta testing a stunningly inexpensive (under $1) folding pocket microscope made of paper, as a germ identification tool in the Integrated Cleaning and Measurement (ICM) program which Rathey helped develop.
HHI has also been chosen as an educational partner by several prominent organizations, including the Institute of Inspection Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC), the annual National Healthy Homes Conference (where Rathey is presenting this month), and others.
Rathey credits all the attention to HHI's demonstrated expertise: "Interest is growing so rapidly in healthy, green living. We're here to be a resource, and national media know they can trust us to provide accurate yet accessible information on these complex subjects." He noted that HHI even gives away four complete books (electronic editions) on healthy houses, at http://ow.ly/x52Ut
MISSION: the Healthy House Institute strives to be the most comprehensive educational resource available for creating healthier homes. To this end, HHI treats the home like an ecosystem with many interrelated parts, covering topics in-depth such as air and water quality, building, remodeling and furnishing, cleaning and housekeeping, health and safety, ventilation, lighting, energy efficiency, and more.
Journalists / Meeting Planners: Rathey and his staff are available for interviews and presentations.
For Release: on receipt Contact: Allen Rathey, (208) 938-3137, email@example.com
Media Contact: Allen Rathey, InstructionLink/JanTrain, Inc., 208-724-1508, firstname.lastname@example.org
News distributed by PR Newswire iReach: https://ireach.prnewswire.com
SOURCE Better Homes & Gardens
Copyright 2014 PR Newswire. All Rights Reserved
Related Keywords:Sales & Marketing, Education, Networking, Pro AV, Post/Production, Presentors, Prosumer/Consumer, Business, Marketing, Business Issues, Presentation, Marketing, Inc., Science, Biology, Environmental, Business, Other,