|Page (1) of 1 - 01/13/14||email article||print page|
Altima Technologies Releases NetZoom 14(January 13, 2014)
Chicago, IL (PRWEB) January 13, 2014
Altima Technologies, the pioneer of innovative solutions in the areas of network and data center documentation and management, announced the availability of its latest software release, NetZoom 14, with additional capabilities found in DCIM products.
Altimas NetZoom 14 is the Data Center Worker Solution that helps professionals design, diagram, document and discover the physical infrastructure of networks and data centers. NetZoom14 uses a project database to manage IT and facility infrastructure data center assets within locations and racks.
"In this version of NetZoom weve enhanced the network discovery feature, which is pivotal to discovering and monitoring critical devices within the network. We've also added important productivity enhancements such as the ability to import assets from Excel and Visio, create custom reports with the Report Builder Wizard, as well as set notes and reminders on assets," stated Alan Schenwar, General Manager of Altima Technologies.
The new features of NetZoom 14 focus on the core areas necessary to visually manage assets, document, and diagram data centers effectively:
- NetZoom 14 automatically discovers any range of devices in the network using various protocols including SNMPv3, SNMP, WMI and more.
- Real-time monitoring is available, which allows users to get an instant status of their networked devices.
IT & Facility Asset Management
- More efficient workflow can be achieved by adding notes and reminders to devices.
- Improved search filters enable keyword search in Projects and Device Configurator.
- Enhanced reporting capabilities with the addition of the Report Builder Wizard, allows users to generate fully customizable reports, network diagrams and rack elevations.
- Device asset information can be imported from Microsoft Excel and Visio into the Device to create a custom device catalog.
- No more dragging and dropping to create rack elevations. The current version of NetZoom creates floor layouts and rack elevations automatically.
- Additional Microsoft® Visio templates were added to improve productivity.
The latest release of NetZoom combines three products in one: NetZoom Premium, NetZoom for Visio and NetZoom for AutoCAD.
NetZoom 14 is immediately available. Visit NetZoom.com/nz14 for more information. Pricing includes free support, a renewable 12-month subscription, as well as free software updates and device shape requests. Current subscribers of NetZoom and other software tools may take advantage of attractive pricing for upgrading to Altimas Data Center Infrastructure Management (DCIM) software, NetZoomDC Enterprise. Visit NetZoomDC.com for more information.
About Altima Technologies
Founded in 1995, Altima Technologies, Inc. is an Illinois corporation with headquarters in the Chicago area. Altima Technologies, a Microsoft and Intel® partner, is recognized worldwide as a leading provider of data center IT & facility infrastructure management solutions. Altima has pioneered revolutionary solutions in the areas of network design, diagramming and documentation with its NetZoom and NetZoomDC software.
For more information, visit http://www.AltimaTech.com, email Info(at)AltimaTech(dot)com or call (630) 281-6464.
All brand names, product names or trademarks belong to their respective holders.
Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2014/01/prweb11480929.htm.