|Page (1) of 1 - 05/22/14||email article||print page|
Algoriddim partners with Spotify for next generation intelligent DJ experience
NEW YORK, May 22, 2014 /PRNewswire/ --Algoriddim and Spotify today announce a major update to djay for iPhone and iPad, the world's best selling DJ app with over 10 million users on iOS. This new version lets Spotify Premium subscribers mix millions of tracks using their iPhone and iPad, as well as hook up their professional DJ hardware to a massive library of music - being a DJ has never been easier or more fun!
- Find the perfect next track with Match. Finding the next track to mix has always been one of the biggest challenges for DJs, and it doesn't get easier when you've got millions of tracks to choose from. So today we're introducing Match, an innovative feature that recommends tracks that go well with what the DJ is currently playing - allowing users of any skill level to create professional sounding mixes. Match, powered by Spotify's recent acquisition The Echo Nest, provides unprecedented track recommendations based on danceability, BPM, key, music style, and how well the song mixes with the currently playing track.
- Introducing Automix Radio. For people who simply want to lean back and have a continuous music mix at their next party, the all-new Automix Radio in djay 2 not only picks tracks that go well with each other, but also automatically mixes these tracks for them with beatmatched, DJ-style transitions. This means users can step away and enjoy live DJ mixes based on their personal musical taste. All with the simple tap of a button.
"Having more than 20 million songs instantly at your fingertips is a DJ's dream come true. It gives djay 2 users endless creative possibilities and elevates the artform of DJing to a new level," says Karim Morsy, CEO of Algoriddim. "The power of The Echo Nest driving track selection brings a new tool to the DJ that I could not have ever imagined possible. It truly helps to discover, explore, and find great new music that sounds amazing together."
"Not only can Spotify Premium users DJ millions of songs, but they'll also enjoy real-time, intelligent suggestions on what to play next, powered by The Echo Nest's analysis of all the music on Spotify," says Sten Garmark, VP of Product at Spotify. "Djay 2 will help DJs and regular music enthusiasts, regardless of their skill level, select the perfect songs for their set - or simply lean back and let djay 2 turn any Spotify playlist into a slick DJ set for parties or private listening."
Other feature highlights include:
- TIGHT SPOTIFY INTEGRATION: Spotify integration in djay 2 includes all of the user's existing playlists, starred tracks and Inbox (to send real-time song requests to the DJ), powerful search capabilities, top lists, browse (by genres, moods, DJs), and Match (for song recommendation). Users can seamlessly switch between Spotify and their existing local iTunes library, as well as mix tracks from both of these sources.
- PROFESSIONAL HARDWARE INTEGRATION: djay 2 supports a wide range of professional DJ gear allowing users to mix tracks from the cloud using tactile knobs, buttons and jog wheels. Algoriddim's djay 2 app is powered by exclusive hardware from Pioneer, Numark, Vestax, Reloop, Philips, Casio, and Griffin.
- CUTTING-EDGE STREAMING ENGINE: Powerful audio streaming technology, ultra-low latency, advanced effects, on-the-fly analysis (key, bpm, beat grids, colored waveforms), all processed and streamed from the cloud, with no noticeable difference to local files.
- SOCIAL SHARING: djay 2 allows users to share their set lists as Spotify playlists via SMS, Email, Facebook, and Twitter, so the rest of the world can listen to the tracks instantly or recreate a great set.
- NEW AUDIO EFFECTS: Over 30 new desktop-class audio effects powered by Sugar Bytes are available via In-App Purchase. These new beat-synchronized effects bring unprecedented creative expression to DJs on iOS and support real-time audio manipulation of both local tracks from iTunes and streamed tracks from Spotify.
djay 2 for iPhone and iPad with Spotify integration is available now as a free update to all existing users of djay 2. A Spotify Premium subscription is required to access the Spotify music catalog. A seven day free trial of Spotify Premium is available for all djay 2 users. djay 2 for iPhone is normally $1.99 but will be available as a FREE DOWNLOAD during launch week. djay 2 for iPad is normally $9.99, but will be available for 50% OFF at $4.99 for a limited time.
To see the new djay 2 with Spotify integration in action, click here for the official video.
Notes to Editors
Spotify is an award-winning digital music service that gives you on-demand access to over 20 million tracks. Our dream is to make all the world's music available instantly to everyone, wherever and whenever you want it.Spotify makes it easier than ever to discover, manage and share music with your friends, while making sure that artists get a fair deal.
Spotify is now availablein 56 markets globally with more than 40 million active users, and over 10 million paying subscribers.
Since its launch in Sweden in 2008, Spotify has driven more than US$1bn to rights holders. Spotify is now the second biggest source of digital music revenue for labels in Europe, and the biggest and most successful music streaming service of its kind globally.
* Number of tracks licensed globally. Catalogue size varies per market and can also change over time.
For more information, images, or to contact the team, please head over to our press page athttp://press.spotify.com/
Algoriddim, founded in 2006, creates state of the art music and video applications for Mac, iPad, and iPhone. Combining sophisticated technology with intuitive design, Algoriddim eliminates the boundaries between consumer and professional-level software. Algoriddim's goal is to create a world where every person can be an artist and bring their digital media to life. With millions of users around the globe, Algoriddim continues innovating to fuel a new generation of artists and enthusiasts with its products.
For more information on djay 2 or any of Algoriddim's award-winning products, please visit http://www.algoriddim.com.
Further information: For more information, images, or to contact the team, please head over to our press page at http://www.algoriddim.com/press
Algoriddim's flagship product djay, the world's best selling DJ app with millions of users across Mac and iOS, is popular with an international audience of consumers, professional DJs and renowned artists. It has won prestigious awards including the Apple Design Award and was named App of the Year by Apple in more than 100 countries as part of App Store Rewind 2011. Over the past years it has maintained its high-ranking as the #1 DJ app on the App Store and has launched partnerships with renowned artists including David Guetta, Armin van Buuren, and Snoop Dogg. It is powered by exclusive DJ gear from leading hardware partners including Pioneer, Numark, Vestax, Reloop, Phillips, Casio, and Griffin Technology.
Video - http://youtu.be/qGXsp4Lhbns
Copyright 2014 PR Newswire. All Rights Reserved
Related Keywords:Computers/Peripherals, Notebook/Laptop, Tablets, Digital Media Software, Computers/Home Office, Communications, Digital Audio, Movies & Music, Digital Toys, Tablets, Handheld, iPhone, tablet, iPods, iTunes, iphone, iPad, Tablet, iPhone, Computers/Peripherals, Prosumer/Consumer, Notebook/Laptop/Tablets, iOS, Internet Media, email,