|Page (1) of 1 - 03/10/13||email article||print page|
41st Hong Kong Arts Festival 2013 - Over 103,000 Theatre Tickets Sold(March 10, 2013)
(PRWEB) March 07, 2013
The 41st Hong Kong Arts Festival (HKAF) officially opens today with the American Ballet Theatres performance of Dance Gala. Hailed as one of the worlds leading classical ballet companies, the ABT also performs Sir Kenneth MacMillans Romeo and Juliet, under the leadership of Artist Director Kevin McKenzie. This years Festival continues to receive an overwhelming response from audiences. As of 20 February, over 103,000 tickets have been sold, which accounts for over 85% of all seats. Theatre Tickets for available performances will continue to be offered during the Festival period.
The opening ceremony of the 41st Hong Kong Arts Festival will be officiated by The Hon C Y Leung, GBM,GBS, JP, The Chief Executive of the HKSAR; The Hon Ronald Arculli, GBM, GBS, JP, Chairman of the Hong Kong Arts Festival; Dr Simon Ip, JP, Deputy Chairman of The Hong Kong Jockey Club; Mr Tsang Tak-sing, GBS, JP, Secretary for Home Affairs; Mr Peter Wong, JP, Chief Executive of HSBC Asia-Pacific; Mrs Betty Fung, JP, Director of Leisure and Cultural Services; and Ms Tisa Ho, Executive Director of the Hong Kong Arts Festival.
Contributions and generous support from stakeholders of the Festival is critical in making this Festival possible. I would like to thank our stakeholders, arts and cultural institutions in particular, the Government of HKSAR, the Hong Kong Jockey Club, sponsors, donors and audiences in making the Festival a premier event in Hong Kongs cultural calendar, says the Hon Arculli.
The 41st Hong Kong Arts Festival performances and events will be presented in 34 locations. It offers 147 ticketed performances and another 107 PLUS events. In addition, there are 69 special activities for Young Friends of the Festival. Programmes include 13 new works/world premieres, as well as 17 Asian premieres. The Festival receives about 30% of its annual budget from government funding and the remaining 70% from box office revenue as well as sponsorships and donations from corporations, individuals, and charitable foundations.
Theatre tickets to all Festival programmes can be purchased at all URBTIX outlets (online booking: http://www.urbtix.hk/ or telephone booking: 2111 5999). In addition, tickets to performances at the Hong Kong Academy for Performing Arts will also be available at all HK Ticketing outlets (online booking: http://www.hkticketing.com or telephone booking: 31 288 288)
About the Hong Kong Arts Festival
Launched in 1973, the Hong Kong Arts Festival is a major annual international celebration of the performing arts and one of the regions premier cultural events, held in February and March each year, serving an audience of close to 150,000. Performances take place in over a dozen venues throughout Hong Kong, supplemented by over 100 PLUS events; and about 10,000 Young Friends are given special access to Festival performances and events. The Festival presents the worlds top artists as well as stars of tomorrow and gives equal importance to great traditions and contemporary creations. The Festival also commissions and produces work in theatre, chamber opera and contemporary dance; some Festival productions have toured to other Asian cities after their Hong Kong premiere. For more information about the Hong Kong Arts Festival, please visit: http://www.hk.artsfestival.org.
Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/Arts-Festival/Theatre-Tickets/prweb10502146.htm.
Related Keywords:economy, business and finance, financial and business service, business enterprises, advertising, marketing, business (general), computing and information technology, satellite technology, wireless technology, science and technology, technology (general), electronics, identification technology, agricultural research and technology, economy, business and finance, financial and business service, financial markets, commodity markets, business enterprises, business (general), restraint of trade, international (foreign) trade, trade dispute, trade agreements, trade policy, trade balance, computing and information technology, satellite technology, wireless technology, science and technology, technology (general), identification technology, agricultural research and technology, economy, business and finance, financial and business service, business enterprises, business (general), fishing industry, cinema industry, radio industry, television industry, music industry, electrical appliance, process industry